Trendy Mona's Blog Headline Animator

Trendy Mona's Blog

Search This Blog

Molly's aStore

Monday, May 27, 2013

At the last minute Memorial Day cooking "Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings "




Hi Beautiful Ones!  I hope your long Memorial weekend is going great so far. Yesterday was not such a great day for me. I turned on my computer and was preparing to update my blog and the whole thing was gone. My whole blog got deleted by blogger with no explanation and no forewarning. I was mortified and spent a very frustrating day trying to get it restored.  Can you imagine waking up one day and your whole blog is gone and you have to start over with nothing? I am so glad that everything worked out.

That taught me a very valuable lesson about how important it is to back everything up.







Wooooooh! now that the blogger folks have taken care of that fiasco yesterday. Lets Cook!  This recipe is for lemon garlic chicken wings. I thought this would be a refreshing change from the buffalo wings most of us are used to. This is an easy recipe and if you don't have wings, you can do this with regular chicken as well.
I must warn you that they are saucy and delicious and we all know that there is just not a cute way to eat a chicken wing...LOL
 
Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning) or, coarse salt and black pepper
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Generously coat wings with olive oil and then combine dry seasonings and coat chicken wings with seasoning. Let marinate for 30 minutes (overnight is even better)

Spray baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray or lightly oil the pan with canola oil. Arrange wings in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Turn wings over and roast another ten minutes. While wings are roasting combine lemon juice and wine or broth and Roast another 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
 
Stay tune and I'll back with more recipes ! Loves xox
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: