U.S. attorney calls it "a massive 21st-century bank heist."
NEW YORK — A worldwide gang of criminals stole $45 million in hours by hacking into a database of prepaid debit cards and draining cash machines around the globe, prosecutors said Thursday — and outmoded U.S. card technology may be partly to blame.
Prosecutors said the case involved thousands of thefts from ATMs using bogus magnetic swipe cards carrying information from Middle Eastern banks. The fraudsters moved with astounding speed to loot financial institutions around the world, working in cells including one in New York, U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said.
She called it "a massive 21st-century bank heist." Seven U.S. citizens from the Dominican Republic are under arrest.
The following kid-tested dinners and desserts are real simple and tasty enough for adults and foolproof enough for the junior members of the family to make. Now, if only they'd learn to load the dishwasher...
Ham and Pineapple Pita Pizzas
Using pitas gives your family freedom to top the pizzas to each person's liking. Have Dad help get these tasty treats in and out of the oven.
8 ounces sliced deli ham $
Click to see savings
1 8-ounce ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Place the pitas on a baking sheet.
2. Layer the pitas with the ham, mozzarella, and pineapple.
3. Bake until the pitas are crisp and the cheese has melted, 10 to 12 minutes.
Pinto Bean and Cheese Tacos
1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
3/4 cup mild salsa
1 heart of romaine
8 taco shells
1 cup shredded Cheddar$
Click to see savings
1. In a small microwave-proof bowl, combine the beans and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Microwave on high until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces. Divide the taco shells among 4 plates (2 per plate).
3. Divide the bean mixture among the taco shells and top with the lettuce, Cheddar, and the remaining 1/4 cup of salsa.
Peanut Butter and Chicken Noodles With Carrot and Cucumber Ribbons
Teach kids how rewarding it is to work as a team by giving them specific tasks (peeling vegetable ribbons, shredding chicken, soaking noodles) for this Asian recipe.
1 8-ounce package thin rice noodles or sticks
1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken
1 seedless cucumber
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter$
Click to see savings
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1. Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot tap water; let soak until soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain in a colander or large strainer.
2. Meanwhile, using your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones. Use a vegetable peeler to make long strips of the carrot and cucumber.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, and 6 tablespoons water until smooth.
4. Divide the noodles, chicken, carrot, and cucumber among 4 bowls. Drizzle with the dressing.
Hope we all can have a great Mother's day ! Loves xox
Miley Cyrus believes she had a supernatural experience in London
May, October, whatevs. It's never too early for a good ghost story, and Miley Cyrus has a pretty heavy one. While renting an apartment in London for herself and her family during her tour, the singer tells Elle UK that she was plagued with bad dreams before things escalated:
"One night my little sister — it sounds crazy to tell you — but, she was standing in the shower and all of a sudden I hear her scream. I run in there and the water had somehow flipped to hot but it was still … It wasn't like the water had just changed, the knob had turned but she hadn't turned it and it was burning her. She was really red."
That was before she caught a glimpse of the otherworldly little boy whom she now believes may have been responsible for the shower incident. "[He was] sitting on the sink watching me take a shower so I felt really freaked out," she recalls. "I was sitting there the next night and maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn I could see this little boy sitting there on the sink, kicking his feet."
It seems the apartment was once a bakery owned by a family of three. The father and mother apparently died, according to Miley, leaving the little boy behind … ...